Take a look at these product specific information pages to find more information:
Some commonly asked questions about our QX Enabling Technology
Please read these FAQ papers first:
What exactly is Neoxen QX Framework?
2. For whom is Neoxen QX Framework targeted?
3. Why and how has Neoxen QX Framework been developed?
4. What benefits Neoxen QX Framework offers for developers?
5. What is new in this release?
6. Are there any additional utilities delivered with Neoxen QX Framework?
7. Are Neoxen products utilizing Neoxen QX Framework?
8. Are there competing products on the market?
9. What kinds of support services are available to Neoxen QX Framework users?
10. How can Neoxen QX Framework be purchased?
11. How much does Neoxen QX Framework cost?
12. What operating systems does Neoxen QX Framework support?
13. Is a Linux version available?
14. Are there partner programs available?
15. Do you have value adding services available for Neoxen QX Framework customers?
1. What exactly is Neoxen QX Framework?
Neoxen QX Framework is a 32/64-bit Software Development Kit (SDK) for rapid production of system software components and distributed multi-tier business applications for Microsoft Windows operating systems. It provides a solid foundation, which drastically shortens design and implementation time and significantly reduces the overall project costs.
2. For whom is Neoxen QX Framework
Neoxen QX Framework is designed for project groups, systems integrators and independent software vendors for rapid system software development. Neoxen Professional Services uses it as a foundation technology in all the customer projects requiring a robust, fast and efficient platform.
3. Why and how has Neoxen QX Framework
Development of Neoxen QX Framework started at 1994 and original operating environment was 32-bit OS/2. When Microsoft introduced Windows 95, the main parts were ported to Win32. Support for OS/2 was ceased at 1998.
The origin of Neoxen QX Framework was in the evolving need to
fasten project development cycle. These design principles and
visions have guided the development ever since. The globalization
and increasingly versatile infrastructure even further emphasize the
need for a small, fast and highly flexible development platform.
4. What benefits Neoxen QX Framework
offers for developers?
There are many benefits to using the Neoxen QX Framework development environment:
5. What is new in this release?
The latest release contains new packaging, updated documentation, new functionality and new versions of the auxiliary development tools. All the incremental updates and fixes since are packaged and certified into a unified release. Please visit the Neoxen QX product page for further details.
6. Are there any additional utilities
delivered with Neoxen QX Framework?
Yes there are. The Neoxen QX Framework distribution media contains many valuable tools and utilities, which are built or certified by Neoxen Systems.
7. Are Neoxen products utilizing Neoxen
Yes they are. All product development in the company is based on this foundation. The end user products, such as Neoxen Visual Modus for SharePoint, are good examples of this approach.
8. Are there competing products on the
There are some quite good development kits around, such as MFC, Qt or wxWidgets. However, these are designed for and developed with C++, therefore their usage is slightly limited as far as supported programming languages are concerned. Neoxen QX Framework is more of unique by nature, as it exports a consistent C style call interface. This approach has many benefits. Neoxen QX Framework is small and fast and it supports wide range of programming languages directly without any additional layers. Moreover, Neoxen QX Framework is designed from ground up to be compatible with these other development kits.
9. What kinds of support services are
available to Neoxen QX Framework users?
Our Customer Care provides general information about the support options as well as answers for technical frequently asked questions.
11. How much does Neoxen QX Framework
cost and what are the licensing options?
For academic and evaluation purposes Neoxen QX Framework is licensed for a nominal fee. For commercial purposes the development license is based on annual subscription and the license contains free updates, support services, etc. Please check our Licensing Program for further details.
12. What operating systems does Neoxen
QX Framework support?
All the latest Microsoft Windows versions are supported – From Windows Vista to Windows 8 and from Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2012.
14. Are there partner programs
Yes there are. Neoxen Systems has launched several partner programs, such as Neoxen Alliance, Neoxen Affiliate, Neoxen Consulting Partner, Neoxen OEM and Neoxen VAR. There are plenty of available benefits, many of them free of charge, for companies joining in these initiatives. Please check our Partnership Program for further details.
15. Do you have any value adding
services available for Neoxen QX Framework customers?
Yes we do. Our full portfolio of Professional Services takes advantage of all areas of the business driven development lifecycle, such as business consultation, project management, configuration management, development, quality assurance, documentation, training and maintenance. Our goal is to promote and deliver efficient assistance to make ICT-based business services and solutions more business- and user-focused, responsive and robust to meet ever-increasing demand for competitive advantage and increase the customer value.